Thursday, March 22, 2007

Leap of Faith

So since arriving in NZ I haven't yet done a bungy jump and being that it was all started commercially here and there are tons of them (3 alone in QT) I thought it was about time I did. I gathered some of the troops (Me, AT, Jon and Katie) and set off. Threw AT off first mind!

You can see the blind fear in AT's face.
Perfect swan dive, 10's across the board. 10 10 10.

Not only good fun and scary, but you're guaranteed an mainly asian-based crowd of at least 400. Choice!

We all managed to do it in the end - Jon went last and I think he was in a bit of shock about it, bearing in mind his arms were flapping like a bird's all the way down. Was very brief, but a good rush. Afterwards we rewarded ourselves with a trip to Deer Park Heights; a local sizeable hill with a petting zoo and also several Lord of the rings locations on it. Crackin' views.

The Kawarau river in the foreground, QT airport and the rest of the Wakatipu basin.
My mate Gary. He's a dude.

The Colonel in front of the Remarkables - he's gets around.

Team of Jumpers (not the clothing type) L to R: Me, LJ, Katie and Andy T.

No comments: