Friday, September 14, 2007

Keeping "in touch"

After almost a year it was finally time for me to leave Queenstown. During the previous couple of weeks, Jon, Freya and Jim had all left to pastures new and it was about time I got away too. With a head full of fresh travel ideas and hopefully a bank account to match them, the door beckoned.

So, after handing in my 2 weeks notice to the wonderful Intouch (go there for quality products at low low prices) and saying a final farewell to my top notch colleagues and surrogate family, I packed my bags for the west coast. No more "da Milfor Soun" for me!

I was very sad to leave my home away from home, especially having to say goodbye to all of the crackin' friends I had met and made. Sadly me and Em parted ways as well; she intends to stay put for the time being at least until Christmas. Career, schmeer is what I say! She wanted to join me, but didn't think she could take any more of my awesomeness without suffer severe medical side-effects. It's going to be strange being on the road without my trusty sidekick nonetheless, she will be greatly missed.

The TSS Earnslaw; Queenstown's iconic steamboat.

No comments: