Monday, October 01, 2007

Brum-brum

After leaving Rotorua, I headed to Auckland. I didn't really have much planned for Auckland as I'd done all the sights and whatnot previously when Em and I originally passed through, I just had some travel admin to get on top of was all. I did, however, manage to win a pub quiz! $100 bar tab to me and my interllectual team mates! Thank you very much. One of the rounds was entitled "Movie Quotes" so I nailed that one, naturally.

A sculpture that caught my eye, framing the seaside and such.

Right, pub quizes aside. I hired an automobile, more commonly known here as a "car" and headed north. The intention was to see Northland, which contains the Bay of Islands, Cape Reinga, some fancy waterfalls, some really old Kauri Forests amoungst tons of other stuff. After getting thoroughly confused by Aucklands less than obvious road system, I ended heading up the far less populated west coast of Northland.

I little diddy crystal clear lake that I stumbled across. Was surrounded by pine trees and reminded me of France when I was a bairn. The child getting into the boat isn't me. The car I hired didn't receive a name and didn't get a picture taken of it plainly because it was a bit rubbish. It got me from A to B via C I suppose, but we didn't become close. We won't be exchanging Christmas cards.

No comments: