Sunday, November 12, 2006

107 Hallenstein & Righteous P

After deciding to settle in glorious Queenstown, we go house hunting quick smart. As we got here as the ski season was ending and before the summer season had got underway there are empty flats a plenty, so after a few viewing we decided on this little beauty (I say little when I mean massive):


There she blows in all her glory. Don't worry, that's not our car, the Colonel is still rolling along nicely.

We have an official new journey-fun-seeker called Rob. He's from Cardiff. We try not to hold that against him, but it's hard sometimes. His special skills include body-popping, MC-ing and foot-boarding (more on all of those later). So he's moved in with us two and the good times are yet to stop rolling.

Rob aka. The Peruvian Monkey

Job hunting begin in earnest shortly after moving in. Emma bagged a couple early doors; one job working in a bar, the other working in "The British Lolly Shop". She eats sweets all day and has a beaming smile on her face most of the time. Ideal job or what? Rob also got a job in the same bar as Em and, well me being me, I was a bit lackadaisical. I pottered around a bit, had a little shufty here and there. You can't rush into these things right?

Typical view from the Penthouse of an evening. Not too bad.

I did get a job eventually, with a tourist booking company. So I sell tours and activities to people. Perk of the job is that I can do any of the activities and stuff for free. Can't complain. So for 4 days of the week before I started work I went on a whistle stop tour doing as much stuff as I could. Result!

No comments: