Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whirly-Bird

I am now officially a rock star. Who would ever say no to a free helicopter trip? I'll tell you who, no-one. Now that's fact.

She cost about $2,200,000 USD. Pocket change I heard.

Having never been in a helicopter before, I was giddy like a school girl for the couple of hours inbetween being told I was flying off and actually flying off. The heli we went in was brand new, it even had that "new car smell", albeit was a helicopter. Just got transported across from France where it was made (whether it flew from France or took the ferry I am unawares).

Queenstown from the air. If you look carefully you can see the Penthouse. See it?

After being repeatedly told off by the pilot for yelling "Mayday! Mayday!" I finally settled on reciting as much of the phonetic alphabet as possible. Never can remember what "Q" is. Quebec apparantly, I just checked.

Charlie Tango Whiskey Foxtrot Tea-kettle Barbeque. 10/4 old buddy!

Parked on the top of the Remarkables, one of the mountain ranges overlooking Queenstown. Named as they run True North - South. Geologists maintain that this is remarkable. Indeed. Good views though.

In the background is Lake Wakatipu and Queenstown. The deep blue river in the foreground is the Kawarau and the grey one is the Shotover. Crazy changes in colour, particularly when they mix.

Tally-ho.

No comments: