Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Manic Mondays

First official day of the new job, so what do they get me doing? Well I was up bright and early to go Canoeing. Then I went Jet-Boating. And topped it off with some paragliding.
Hard day at the office.
Weeeeeeeeeeee!
"The sky's the limit" right?

Tuesday I went white-water rafting; was better than Peru, more hardcore rapids and a long tunnel. And for some reason it seemed a lot less safe and tame than Peru - more thrilling throughout, plus we went underneath the Canyon Swing as someone was doing it; fun to see from the bottom.

On Wednesday I did a Lord of the Rings tour. They basically drive you around to a load of the places that the film was set in a big Landrover. We left Queenstown and headed to the north end of Lake Wakatipu to Glenorchy. There's some more lovelly scenery up there (as standard), mountains and beach forests. Was good to see all these places, but being sat in a car sucked. I wanted to stomp up all the hills we past. Plus the guide got all her facts pretty much wrong about the films - luckily there weren't any über-geeks present to correct her (apart from in my mind).
Beach forest - spot the elf?
Thursday I actually went to work. There's lots of stuff to remember, we can sell essentially any available product in the Queenstown area so tons of fact and stuff, but I'm sure it'll be a doddle after a while.

Friday was spent Mad-Dog River Boarding. You "cruise" down a river on a body-board, going through some grade 3 rapids and suffer the 4˚C temperature, but it's class! Totally knackering but definatley worth it. There's rope swings and slides and jetski rides to be had, so a barrel of laughs guaranteed despite the simultaneous cramps I got in my calfs at the end.

It's "mad dogg".

Splash etc.

Working 9 to 5. That's the way to make a living.

1 comment:

Andy said...

at it boy...

i did mad dog riverboarding - its totally insane!! i remember it being bloody freezing too!

good to see ur having fun dude..

ANDY