Friday, January 04, 2008

The LDN

Before returning up to the mighty Toon, I had myself a jolly little weekend in our fair nations capital called London (pronounced Loon-doon). My midlands-based counterpart "Sugar" Jon Waters joined me for some heavily clichéd sightseeing. Our prime objective was to find a Greggs to satisfy a 18 month craving for a chicken bake and then see the Queen.

The London Eye.

Saint Stephen's Tower and Jon-zilla in the beautifully overcast LDN weather. Quite the change in climate from the 30ºC sands of Thailand.

We went to see our Lizzy and there was nothing but patriotism from that in front man, someone give him an OBE. It can be for Furniture Services to Nuneaton, or summit. We never did find those chicken bakes mind.

On the saturday I was nicely surprised by my 2 brothers who had been thoroughly scheming and turned up with a bunch of tickets to go and see Newcastle play Fulham - a terrible match which we won 1-0, but was brilliant nonetheless.

Catching up with people in London was great and I managed to see some people that I hadn't seen in years, so a jolly good show all round. Well done sirs, well done.

No comments: